Saturday, November 04, 2006

Show 4

So I berate Show 3 because I felt and sounded so nervous. I said "basically" way too much so I try to keep from saying it.

I made my first casserole! It was delicious so here's the recipe for Rotini, Fresh Basil, Pinenuts and Cheese Casserole.

2 1/2 cups rotini, cooked and drained
2 cans crushed tomatoes in thick puree
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
1/4 cup slivered fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
1/4 chopped fresh parsley
1 cup grated Havarti cheese
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on the top

Preheat oven to 375 F. Place rotini in a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish lightly coated with cooking spray or oil. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together tomatoes, pine nuts, seasonings and parsley. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Add to casserole and mix with pasta. Add Havarti cheese and mix again. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Bake, uncovered until bubbly, 35-40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 6.

The story behind Cary Grant's disarming smile. Can you spot the single front tooth in the picture?




Also, I spoil "Arsenic and Old Lace" (1944). This is a great movie for Halloween or if you're in a playful mood. Grant's in a comedic role here and I think he does very well in it. During the era when he was acting, I think he was one of the few leading men who wasn't afraid to make fun of himself, to take on roles like this.





http://www.archive.org/download/Straw-Wolf_Podcast_Show_4/Straw-Wolf_Show_4_64kb.mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home